Busy, busy, busy

This week has started out crazy and is going to get crazier!

Yesterday the girls and I spent the day shopping with my friend Jennifer and her beautiful baby Lilley.  We had a lot of fun at the mall and a couple other places.  I got some good deals at Gymboree.  I never shop there unless there is a good sale and the sales girl suckered me in right away when she said, “If you spend $50 you get $25 bucks back to spend next time”.  I thought it was a pretty good deal.  Although I LOVE a good thrift store to buy the girls’ clothes, I do like to splurge once in awhile and get them some nice new things!  Anyway–I got Madalyn a dress and this ADORABLE coat for the fall.  Annagrace picked out a new shirt, skirt and matching hat.  I spent about $55 and got $25 back for next time–and by that time I should know who is residing in my belly so I’m sure I can find some cute infant things then!

Today the girls and I got up and drove to my new friend, Megan’s  house to visit with her and her kiddos.  I met Megan and her hubby Levi through some mutual friends and although we had met very briefly about 10 years ago this was the first time I really had a chance to sit down and talk with Megan “in real life”!  We are going to a homeschooling conference together this weekend so it was nice to meet up face to face first and she showed me some different homeschool curriculum that she has used and what she prefers.  I’ll get to see a lot more this weekend when we go to the bookfair at the conference but it was good to see some of what is available and get some advice from her!

After that I had to get the kids back to Greenville for a quick lunch at Sonic and then to the drop off daycare place so I could go to a meeting at the hospital.  It’s a neat concept–and there are 2 places here in Greenville that do this.  It’s for ‘occasional’ childcare and no reservations are required.  You just drop them off for a maximum of 4 hours at a time.  I was a little apprehensive because there was only one other kid there and the owner is a man.  Yeah–little weird I know.  But he seems like a great guy and has 2 kids of his own.  I think that it would be hard for me to find someone to keep both the girls on such a random occasional basis (I will rarely need a sitter with the way our schedules are working out) so this is a nice option for us.

So I had my meeting at the hospital.  My managers spent a few minutes going over some unit specific stuff with me and they told me my orientation would probably be about 4-6 weeks.  I got to see the Pyxis system which is totally new to me. When I worked in the hospital in Virginia the meds were in a locked cart out in the hallway and the narcotics were in a padlocked tacklebox!  My new Unit has a whole room with all the supplies and meds under a locked computer system–it’s actually a good idea because patients are accurately charged for their supplies.  I know that my old hospital had to lose money on uncharged supplies.  (I know that for a fact because I sometimes came home and found supply stickers in my pocket and couldn’t remember what patient they were for!).

After we got home Madalyn took a little nap and Annagrace and I worked on some school work for a little bit.  We worked on adding fractions today and–just like I knew she would–she picked right up on it!

Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut AGAIN.  I had it cut last week and I hate it.  It is uneven and is not at all what I told the girl I wanted.  I thought it looked okay when I left but after a few days of messing with it I decided to get it done again somewhere else!  I am praying that the girls cooperate and let me take a nap in the afternoon because I start my night shifts tomorrow night!  I will only be working 2 a week which I am looking forward to.  I hope I can handle night shifts again.  I remember it being tough but I feel this is best for our family so I am going to give it a shot.  I work again on Thursday night.

Then on Friday morning, Megan and I leave for the Homeschool Conference!  We’ll be back Saturday evening and by that time my in-laws should be here.  They are driving down for a visit on Saturday and will be here until either Sunday or Monday.  I am planning that we’ll go to the beach either Sunday afternoon or Monday since Aaron’s off for Memorial Day.

So that is our BUSY week!  Lots of stuff to look forward too!  Hard to believe that tomorrow night this time I’ll be at my new job!  So much has happened in the last 2 months–it’s been crazy how quickly everything has fallen together!

1 Response to “Busy, busy, busy”

  1. 1 Alison May 20, 2009 at 2:21 pm

    Sounds like things are settling in a bit. Busy girls! Hope work goes well, that the new new haircut turns out fabulous and you get that nap you needed 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

May 2009

%d bloggers like this: